One of the reasons why I’ve been so quiet on this blog is that I’ve been busy working on another Windows Phone app… After the “failed” attempt (details about this adventure will come soon in a separate post) with My Delicious (a Windows Phone manager for Delicious bookmarks), I’ve decided to take another shot.
While I’m a long time user of LinkedIn, some time last year I’ve got an invitation from somebody to join XING… you may wonder what is XING? XING is a professional social network, very similar to LinkedIn, but very popular in Germany. They have an official Windows Phone app, which when I got it was free, but in the meanwhile got a price of €2.99. As this was the only option in the marketplace, I’ve decided to take a shot and write my own app.
- I’ve never worked before with an API which is using OAuth for authentication
- XING has a rather impressive API which can lead to complex apps
- I wanted to refresh my Windows Phone development skills
After a longer than expected development period (developing in the spare time has it’s ups and downs and you’re not always keen to write more code after a long day in the office), about a month ago I’ve released to the MarketPlace “WP Manager for XING”.
The app is FREE and currently allows:
- view your profile
- update your status
- view the news feed
- like and share activities
- view your contacts, visitors and people recommended for you
- manage your XING messages
- pin a contact to your home screen for quick access
- save a XING contact to your phone’s contact list
In few days I hope I’ll be able to push a new update for the app in the MarketPlace which will fix some known bugs and also provide some additional features…
The application can be downloaded from the MarketPlace using this link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/wp-manager-for-xing/37e790ef-4bff-4c32-a2a3-dc41c2ba2e86
Below are some screenshots take from the app…
Feedback and suggestions are welcomed so don’t hesitate to contact me!